TOP HOT TRENDING GLOBALLY (RUNWAY AND EDITORIAL) ASIAN MALE MODELS

These are the current top internationally trending runway and editorial Asian male models. in alphabetical order. AIDEN PARK

ARTHUR ELGORT'S MODELS MANUAL

I was so excited I found this book. Arthur Elgort’s Model’s Manual at the used book store I usually go here in Toronto. The book is a tribute to all the supermodels he became a great friends with – Christy Turlington, Paulina Porizkova, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford an many more. It also featured a lot of fashion industry’s famous players- Ana Wintour, Grace Coddington, Eileen Ford… This book really reminded me what made in love with fashion. The great layout, amazing photography, fun anecdotes, this book is really inspiring.




LINDA EVANGELISTA- "I started right at the bottom. I entered a contest to be Miss Teen Canada, and I didn't even place....I saw every photographer. None wanted to work with me, no one wanted to test me."




CHRISTY TURLINGTON
"With her great beauty, endless ability, energy and her chameleon qaultiy it's hard to take a bad picture of her."

Christy Turlington is the model of our time.





CINDY CRAWFORD

"Cindy has the quintessential cover-girl face. She really the best for a non-fashion picture-she has the kind of shape that only gets better the more you take away the clothes."





HELENA CHRISTENSEN





CLAUDIA SCHIFFER




NAOMI CAMPBELL
"The way to get covers sometimes is to ask for them. I asked for my first Vogue cover, the French one. I didn't used to but I saw Linda Evangelista asking for hers."




PAULINA PORIZKOVA
"Money makes the shit we go through all worthwhile.... Sure there are those times when you're on location on some beautiful island. But the there are those times you end up in Arizona shooting in a revolving door in a hotel lobby and wondering why we couldn't have done this in Manhattan."







VERONICA WEBB



KATE MOSS



TATJANA PATITZ




LEFT: JOAN SEVERANCE
RIGHT: KRISTY MCMENAMY



LEFT: SHALOM HARLOW
RIGHT: LISA TAYLOR



LEFT: BONIE BERMAN
RIGHT: STEPHANIE SEYMOUR



LEFT: GIA
RIGHT: IMAN



LEFT: YASMIN LEBON
RIGHT: ROSIE VELA



LEFT: ELAINE IRWIN


The book show a lot of great people working behind the scene.
CREW






Left: CHRISTIAN- "Once we were at the couture shows in Rome. I was doing a West Side Story Thing on top on the Spanish Steps. I jumped and fell and shattered my heel. I did everyone's hair from my bedside."

Right: SONIA KASHUK- " My role is to make her (model feel the most comfortable she can be. Because if she's not, the picture is not going to work."






"Although some of the time it might just be you (model) in front of camera,there are pleny of instances when you are not alone. It helps if you can jump in and do the two-step at a square dance or chat it up on the beach with the Miami locals. It's a matter of being loose, of interacting with those around you so that we can get the best shot- even if you're just hamming with a few male models or cuddling somebody's sharpei."





EDITORS




GRACE CODDINGTON- "Models don't happen overnight. You have to work on them a bit." I get bored just doing endless pictures on a white background. I think there's more to fashion than just a dress and a few necklaces. In fact, I really don't like accessorizing things. My accessory is really the place or the moment, which is why travel interests me enormously."




Wow Ana Wintour looks like a supermodel here too in this photo.

DESIGNERS


Comments

Mi Moda said…
Great review. I love the shots selected for this book!

http://thefashionistaslab.blogspot.com
s. said…
Wow, thanks for sharing. Gorgeous!